DaySpring Hospice select applicants based on how well their qualifications match the requirements of a particular job we are trying to fill. If we do not have any openings or do not feel your qualifications match the requirements of a particular position, we keep your application in active status for 60 days in case other positions become available that may be a good fit for you. We offer the following benefits for full time positions: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid vacations and holidays.
Licensed Practical Nurse- Per Diem (LPN)
Graduate of an accredited practical nurse program. Two years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred. Currently licensed as an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) in Georgia. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
Must be a responsible licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order. Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act
- Implements current nursing practice following a patient assessment and an approved Plan of Care initiated by the Registered Nurse
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the Plan of Care
- Assess and provide patient/family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self Plan of Care
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for hospice Interdisciplinary Group members
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management
- Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Participates in on-call duties.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization’s quality management program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Registered Nurse
- Reports to the Clinical Supervisor
- Supervised by the RN
Hospice experience: 2 years
Required license or certification
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Georgia
Department : Business Development
Reports To : Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Position Summary: The Community Liaison is responsible for making professional and comprehensive presentations of the Company’s services to the medical community and in the specific assigned territory to achieve market referral goals and increase revenues. Serves as a resource, provide community outreach and education to physicians, facility staff, clients, and caregivers regarding hospice services. All Employees agree to adhere to the guiding principles and mission of Longleaf Hospice. Participate with peers and VP in developing company’s business development strategy.
- Ability to consistently meet and or exceed qualified referral and admissions criteria every month
- Demonstrates a high degree of responsibility for attendance and uses work time in a productive and efficient manner. Working independently most of the time requires excellent time/territory management skills.
- Is always prepared for scheduled appointments and meetings.
- Fosters a positive attitude and builds morale among staff promoting open communication with all departments
- Participates in Company functions to build community and public awareness of Longleaf Hospice’s services
- Develops pricing strategy with peers and VP to help company maximize profits and market share while ensuring that the Company’s customers are satisfied
- Monitors trends that indicate the need for new products and services, and oversees product development
- Keeps abreast of the public’s medical need and health care trends
- Determines the potential of each referral source in regards to patient and revenue potential
- Identifies the potential of each account and allocates time and effort according to payoff potential
- Develops with institutions, contractual agreements which are in the best interest of both parties
- Identifies the customer’s primary needs and key concerns, and identifies key contacts and their roles in the decision making process in order to close the sale
- Follows up on all proposals to ensure implementation
- Maintains accurate records, documents actions, maintains control of budgeted expenses and submits required reports on time
- Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, professional in-services, etc.
- Maintains medical ethics in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to the operations of a Medicare certified hospice agency
- Maintains a professional image
- Uses appropriate phone etiquette
- Promotes a customer friendly atmosphere for all visitors and ensures patient confidentiality at all times
- Participates in accreditation program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Self-Starter – Takes initiative identifies needs of co-workers and customers and solves problems
- Analytical – Ability to analyze financial information and make sound decisions
- Attention to Detail – This position requires a person to sit for an extended period of time and work on detailed complex information
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Persuasive – Ability to persuade others to use one’s products and services
- Presentation – Ability to present oneself professionally and knowledgeable of company’s services
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Dependable transportation with valid driver’s license and auto insurance
Bachelor’s degree preferred and a Registered Nurse license or degree in Social Work highly regarded. Experience in health care industry with weighted emphasis in sales/marketing. Requires proven interpersonal, coordination and leadership skills with ability to communicate effectively. Preferred practical and theoretical knowledge of hospice. Must have proven leadership and team building skills and ability to converse with Physicians and Senior Managers and an understanding of financial management. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Able to prioritize and manage time effectively and make independent decisions when necessary is essential.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Office Environment. May be exposed to biological hazards. Requires ability to work flexible schedule to meet company’s needs and ability to travel. Extensive driving required including prolonged sitting while driving to various locations. Requires the ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy and to remain calm and courteous at all times.
Sales experience in the medical community: 2 years
Required license or certification