Dayspring Hospice selects employees based on how well an applicant’s qualifications match the requirements of an open position. We look closely at the job-related education, work history and experience, proven skills, and other relevant factors included in the application. We retain completed applications on file for 60 days. If you would like to be considered for other posted positions and have a completed application, please submit a letter of interest for the particular position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Dayspring Hospice offers a generous compensation package for full time employment which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance in addition to participation in a 401k plan and paid vacation and holidays.
RN Case Manager
Job Title: RN Case Manager
Reports To: Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Home office location: Dothan, AL
To provide end-of-life care and hospice services to patients in their home or community setting. The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assisting in the medical needs of the patient and family under the direction of the Hospice Medical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the Plan of Care.
- Assess and provide patient/family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and Plan of Care.
- Participate in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to Interdisciplinary Group members.
- Use equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participate in personal, professional growth and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervised by the Clinical Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse in the State of Alabama.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with two years nursing experience.
- Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Must be a responsible licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept in addition to the needs of the terminally ill.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
All Employees agree to adhere to the mission, vision and guiding principles of Dayspring Hospice
Job Title: Community Liaison
Reports To: Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Home office location: Dothan, AL
The Community Liaison is responsible for making professional and comprehensive presentations of the Company’s services to the medical community and in the specific assigned territory to achieve market referral goals and increase revenues. Serves as a resource, provide community outreach and education to physicians, facility staff, clients, and caregivers regarding hospice services. All Employees agree to adhere to the guiding principles and mission of DaySpring Hospice. Participate with peers and VP in developing company’s business development strategy.
- Ability to consistently meet and or exceed qualified referral and admissions criteria every month
- Demonstrates a high degree of responsibility for attendance and uses work time in a productive and efficient manner. Working independently most of the time requires excellent time/territory management skills
- Is always prepared for scheduled appointments and meetings
- Fosters a positive attitude and builds morale among staff promoting open communication with all departments
- Participates in Company functions to build community and public awareness of DaySpring Hospice’s services
- Develops pricing strategy with peers and VP to help company maximize profits and market share while ensuring that the Company’s customers are satisfied
- Monitors trends that indicate the need for new products and services, and oversees product development
- Keeps abreast of the publics’ medical need and health care trends
- Determines the potential of each referral source in regards to patient and revenue potential
- Identifies the potential of each account and allocates time and effort according to payoff potential
- Develops with institutions, contractual agreements which are in the best interest of both parties
- Identifies the customer’s primary needs and key concerns, and identifies key contacts and their roles in the decision making process in order to close the sale
- Follows up on all proposals to ensure implementation
- Maintains accurate records, documents actions, maintains control of budgeted expenses and submits required reports on time
- Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, professional in-services, etc.
- Maintains medical ethics in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to the operations of a Medicare certified hospice agency
- Maintains a professional image
- Uses appropriate phone etiquette
- Promotes a customer friendly atmosphere for all visitors and ensures patient confidentiality at all times
- Participates in accreditation program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Self-Starter – Takes initiative identifies needs of co-workers and customers and solves problems
- Analytical – Ability to analyze financial information and make sound decisions
- Attention to Detail – This position requires a person to sit for an extended period of time and work on detailed complex information
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Persuasive – Ability to persuade others to use one’s products and services
- Presentation – Ability to present oneself professionally and knowledgeable of company’s services
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
Dependable transportation with valid driver’s license and auto insurance
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in health care industry with weighted emphasis in sales/marketing. Requires proven interpersonal, coordination and leadership skills with ability to communicate effectively. Preferred practical and theoretical knowledge of hospice. Must have proven leadership and team building skills and ability to converse with Physicians and Senior Managers and an understanding of financial management. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Able to prioritize and manage time effectively and make independent decisions when necessary is essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Office Environment. May be exposed to biological hazards. Requires ability to work flexible schedule to meet company’s needs and ability to travel. Extensive driving required including prolonged sitting while driving to various locations. Requires the ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy and to remain calm and courteous at all times.
All Employees agree to adhere to the mission, vision and guiding principles of Dayspring Hospice.